Monday, June 2, 2008

Post from Margo- New in the Hood: Pilates & Art for Everybody

It’s been about 7 years since I took my first Pilates lesson. Life at the ballet equaled life on a diet, but my stomach muscles were nadda. My pal Brad told me Pilates would fix everything; and he was right. I swear my limbs are longer and know my core is stronger. Marjorie Thompson, Martine Dedek—I’ve had some fabulous teachers along the way, but my current obsession is a great little Pilates Studio in Madison Valley, Conscious Body Pilates owned by Heather and Tom Scearce.

Great teachers; spotlessly clean; schedule and pay on-line; easy peasy. The pre-natal and “mom & me” classes are quite the rage so now this dynamic duo has opened their second studio for the folks up in Madrona, across from the Madrona Pub. I’m honored to say that a few of my paintings are for sale and gracing the walls of this sunny spot. Check it out and if you are on the fence about Pilates schedule a complimentary consultation to learn the five basic principles of Pilates, discuss your goals and to ask questions. Call 206.709.CORE (2673) or email heathers@speakeasy.net

Conscious Body Pilates Madison Studio
2921 E. Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98112
(Next to City People's Garden Store)

Conscious Body Pilates Madrona Studio
3317 E. Union St.
Seattle, WA 98122
(Corner of 34th and Union, across from the Madrona Pub)

No comments: