Friday, March 14, 2008

Post from Margo: Hear the folks who inspire us

Kat and I share a love of U2 and Bowie, but my understanding of classical music starts and stops with the melodies I heard at PNB which became the sound track to my dreams. Perhaps that’s why we are so amazed by our friends at Choral Arts. This amazing group is devoted to their art and Lorin Wingate, their managing director (banker by day, vocalist by night), volunteers countless hours to share his passion.

Bach may be a bit beyond me, but I’m intrigued and excited to experience one of the most moving and dramatic of all choral works tonight: St. John’s Passion (which premiered in 1724 on Good Friday).

Besides learning the music for tonight and tomorrow’s performances, they’ve had to learn German too, and yesterday they took it to the school room (Bach to School) to share their love of music…

Read more about it in Richard Campbell’s preview in today’s Seattle Post-Intelligencer: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/classical/354897_clas14.html or the Seattle Times as well: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/home/index.html

No comments: