Tuesday, April 20, 2010

so, you want to be an artist?


Santa Fe based artist Jill Whitmore gives excellent advice on how to make a living doing what you love: ART. Part of the article reads, "What made you realize you could earn a living as an artist? "An epiphany I had back in Seattle about fifteen years ago. At that time I owned a housekeeping business. In a moment of feeling “struck by lightning” I remember knowing that “I can do and create whatever I want!” I moved to Southern California shortly after that realization, and apprenticed with a stained glass artist for several years. During that period of time, I started becoming self-supporting as a full time artist.""

To read the entire article on our client, please click on blog title above and contact Margo to learn about Jill's art.

Fused glass piece by Whitmore: 2.5 feet dimension.

No comments: